Friday 26 February 2016

Locked in

Last night I left my house keys in my mum’s car meaning today I am locked in! Since I can’t go anywhere until later this afternoon I thought I would write a quick summery of the week so far.

This week seems to have flown by even though I feel like I have been relatively lazy – I mean I’m now up to date with Call the Midwife but I don’t think that counts as productive. I find it so easy to get addicted to a TV series! It’s that time of year again where I need to suspend my Netflix membership, knuckle down and just get on with the work that I have to do. Hopefully a good ‘to do’ list and a moment of thinking how long it will actually take me is enough to sort me out.

Although watching Call the Midwife has taken up the majority of my week I have also done other things. I managed to run 8km for the first time! Yaaay! I did however overdo it as I went from running 5km straight to 8km and it’s fair to say I felt it in my hips for the next two days. Next time I think I will increase the distance more gradually. This in turn affected my yoga challenge (or maybe it was just an excuse?) and I didn’t practise on Tuesday and Wednesday. Yesterday I carried on with working on my hamstrings but I would like to push myself a little further – I really want to learn how to do a proper headstand! So far it’s not going great – I can’t kick my legs up high enough so can only hold it for a couple of seconds but practise makes perfect ;)

Food-wise I made a couple of interesting meals this week. I made a lentil shepherd’s pie with a sweet potato topping – there are plenty of recipes out there but I’m currently trying to put my own stamp on it. This time I think it turned out really well, it has definitely become one of my favourite meals! Unfortunately it smelled so good when it came out of the oven me and my mum dug straight in and I forgot to take a photo to put on here! I did however take a photo of this morning’s breakfast - a millet porridge cooked with almond milk and a grated apple, sweetened with maple syrup and spiced with cinnamon. It was so filling and delicious! I will definitely be having it again but it is however more of a day off/weekend breakfast as it takes about 20 minutes to cook.



P.S. I have created an Instagram account for this blog where I share what I’m up to on a more regular basis, click on the button on the right hand side if you’re interested :)

No comments:

Post a Comment